W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > March 2011

Minutes: HTML Accessibility Task Force Call 2011-03-03

From: Ranon, Marco <Marco.Ranon@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 17:05:52 -0000
Message-ID: <7BE2C6E5157992408EEFEC13F3C4792001593885@jstmsx02.ads.rnib.org.uk>
To: <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi,

Minutes from the 3 March 2011 meeting of the HTML Accessibility Task
Force:

http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html

Plain text follows below.

Regards,
Marco

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

             HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

03 Mar 2011

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Eric, John_Foliot, Michael_Cooper, paulc, Gregory_Rosmaita,
          Mike_Smith, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly, Rich, Martin_Kliehm,
          MikeSmith

   Regrets
          Laura_Carlson, Kenny_Johar, Silvia_Pfieffer, Janina_Sajka

   Chair
          MikeSmith

   Scribe
          Marco_Ranon

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Face2Face Planning/Schedule
         2. [6]ARIA in HTML Decision & Follow-Up
         3. [7]issue 30 (longdesc)
         4. [8]bug 11893 (lexical processing rules for ARIA) question
            from Hixie
         5. [9]canvas subteam
         6. [10]media subteam report
         7. [11]bug triage
         8. [12]aria mapping subteam report
         9. [13]f2f planning
        10. [14]ARIA Next and HTML5
        11. [15]Other Issues WHich Need Immediate Attention
        12. [16]open action items
     * [17]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 03 March 2011

   <MikeSmith> hmm

   <paulc> paulc on manual mute

   <oedipus> scribe: Marco_Ranon

   <oedipus> scribenick: Marco_Ranon

   <oedipus> [18]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/

   <oedipus> [19]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/results

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/results

   <MichaelC> agenda:
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/002
   6.html

     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html

Face2Face Planning/Schedule

   MS: survey for f2f meeting survey
   ... enough people for the f2f

   CS: 11 March deadline for registration. Room booked.

   GJR: need access for remote users

   MS: we can use skype

   <oedipus> skype is fine

   MS: do we have two rooms for breakout group?

   CS: one big room

   MS: logistics lined up.

ARIA in HTML Decision & Follow-Up

   RS: summary: ARIA will be included in HTML5
   ... minor issues but acceptable

   <oedipus>
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0027.htm
   l

     [21]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0027.html

   <MikeSmith> [22]response from Steve Faulkner to Hixie's request for
   specific list of changes requested

     [22]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0067.html

   RS: authors might not use html5 control so for accessibility is
   important that aria is used

   <MikeSmith> [23]detailed list of changes from Steve Faulkner

     [23] http://www.html5accessibility.com/tests/aria-changes.html

   MS: positive resolution for tis issue, no strong objections

issue 30 (longdesc)

   PC: the proposal put together by mostly Laura Carlson have been
   considred by the chairs and the issue reopen for LC
   ... we'll open a call for counter proposals

   <JF> +q

   PC: any questions?

   JF: when is the issue going to be considred? when is the next step?

   PC: it's a LC issue
   ... no dates that apply to pre-LC apply tho this issue
   ... this also applies to all other LC issues: the chairs are not
   asking the WG to do work on this until it's time for LC
   ... approx May
   ... but it might be appropriate for a11y people to talk discuss the
   issue with other people to try to reach consensus (option to be
   perhaps discussed off-line)

   <JF> +q

   <oedipus> it's called reality

   GJR: we've done that already but we want to make clear the need for
   the mechanism

   PC: we should discuss this option off-line

   <oedipus> we have reached the same dead end by travelling many
   routes

   MS: facilitators will talk about it

   <oedipus> those who objected didn't on factual/need grounds, but on
   faulty statistics

   JF: i think we need to have this conversations

   <oedipus> i've been discussing longdesc with IDPF/EPUB and they NEED
   longdesc and native describedby by March for their deadline

bug 11893 (lexical processing rules for ARIA) question from Hixie

   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/022
   4.html

     [24]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/0224.html

   <MikeSmith> "What's the spec I should use as the reference for these
   rules?"

   <oedipus> the reference is in Steve's proposed text

   MS: Hixie needs more info

   <kliehm> [25]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11893

     [25] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11893

   RS: we are working on this. More info after the f2f

   MS: will respond to Hixie today

canvas subteam

   <oedipus> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas

     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas

   <oedipus> [27]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings

     [27] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings

   <oedipus>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings/Minutes

     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings/Minutes

   RS: worked on a counter proposal for issue-131.

   PC: march 22 the deadline

   <oedipus> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   <oedipus>
   [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection

     [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection

   <paulc> ISSUE-131 Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 22:
   [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.htm
   l

     [31]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html

   <MikeSmith>
   [32]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-131

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-131

   <oedipus> call for alternate proposals for Canvas caret:
   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.htm
   l

     [33]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html

   RS: working on issue 131

   MS: March 22 is the deadline for all information needed for
   decisions prior LC

   <oedipus> RS: thanks to chairs for expediting the canvas decision

   <oedipus> PC: thanks to those who worked on Canvas

media subteam report

   JF: discussion on track. started with 8 solution, now need to
   discuss the progress at the f2f to meet the deadline

   <oedipus> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

     [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

   JF: discussed issue-9 yesterday. chairs proposed to close the issue

   <oedipus> call for consensus/counter proposal for HTML WG Issue-9
   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0410.htm
   l

     [35]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0410.html

   JF: there is concern that closing issue-9 might affect work in
   progress

   <oedipus>
   [36]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requireme
   nts

     [36]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

   JF: if issue-9 is closed we can still continue

   <oedipus> if hixie could at least be in IRC for pinging purposes
   that would be a benefit

   MS: Hixie might no be at the f2f, but we can ask him to join

   <oedipus> HTML WG Issue-9 "video-accessibility" associated with HTML
   WG bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659, 8736

   JF: issue-9 was an old issue and we have other issues that relate to
   current work by the subteam
   ... just a couple of outstanding bug

   GJR: bug triage subteam sould check the bugs associated to issue-9

   <oedipus> HTML WG Issue-9 associated with HTML WG bugs 5758, 8187,
   8657, 8658, 8659, 8736

bug triage

   MC: we didn't meet. nothing to report

   <oedipus> ACTION: kliehm - have bug triage subgroup review the bugs
   associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659,
   8736) [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-108 - - have bug triage subgroup review
   the bugs associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657,
   8658, 8659, 8736) [on Martin Kliehm - due 2011-03-10].

aria mapping subteam report

   <kliehm> we are at inbox 0 at the moment for the bug-triage
   sub-team.

   <MikeSmith> kliehm, cool, thanks

   RS: nothing to add to what said before about issue-129

f2f planning

   <MikeSmith>
   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/002
   6.html

     [38]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html

   MS: proposed topics for f2f in the agenda of this meeting
   ... we have critical mass
   ... RS, do we have people for canvas discussion?

   RS: not sure if FrankO will be there

   MS: we might not have enough to do with canvas
   ... we should have canvas and media breakouts at the same time

   <oedipus> caret in canvas:
   [39]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [39] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   MS: Counter proposal to a11y TF proposal for Issue 131. (if it comes
   up by March 22)

   <oedipus> RichS change proposal for HTML WG Issue-131
   [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection

     [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection

ARIA Next and HTML5

   RS: Aria.next: are there things we need for html5?

   <oedipus> call for counter proposals on caret in canvas (deadline 22
   March 2011)
   [41]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.htm
   l

     [41]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html

   RS: for example, do we want the equivalent of a longdesc in ARIA?

   <JF> +q

Other Issues WHich Need Immediate Attention

   JF: there are still some accessibilty related open issues. we are
   supposed to hace change proposals by March 22
   ... should we discuss those issues?

   <oedipus> i/JF: there are still some accessiblity/TOPIC: Other
   Issues Which Need Immediate Attention/

   MS: we are expecting chairs to make decisions on issue 31 and 32

   JF: at the f2f we should have a bigger group to discuss open issues
   and not only breakout groups

   MS: agreed

open action items

   <MikeSmith> [42]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

     [42] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

   <oedipus> action-106?

   <trackbot> ACTION-106 -- Gregory Rosmaita to - prepare keyboard
   access high-level issues discussion for F2F -- due 2011-03-03 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [43]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/106

     [43] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/106

   <oedipus> action-105?

   <trackbot> ACTION-105 -- Gregory Rosmaita to - review w3c bugzilla
   installation versus newest version 4, coordinate with those who
   volunteered, present options and needs -- due 2011-03-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [44]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/105

     [44] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/105

   MS: action-106 on GJR

   GJR: will do that

   MS: action-105

   GJR: looking into this

   <MikeSmith> action-104: Rich says this one was done

   <trackbot> ACTION-104 Post question to HTML working group on whether
   to limit HTML elements in non-visible content such as the Canvas
   fallback content notes added

   <MikeSmith> close action-104

   <trackbot> ACTION-104 Post question to HTML working group on whether
   to limit HTML elements in non-visible content such as the Canvas
   fallback content closed

   <oedipus> GJR needs to reset due date for action-105 (review current
   installation now/round-robin improvement suggestions after F2F

   <oedipus> [45]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions

     [45] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions

   <oedipus> GJR set some to "pending review"

   MS: to all, please close actions assigned to you that you are not
   taking up now, but comment on the reasons

   zackim, unmute me

   rssagent, make minutes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kliehm - have bug triage subgroup review the bugs
   associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659,
   8736) [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [47]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([48]CVS log)
    $Date: 2011/03/03 16:57:02 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [47] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [48] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [49]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [49] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: i/MS: survey for f2f/TOPIC: Face2Face Planning/Schedule
Succeeded: i/RS: summary: ARIA will/TOPIC: ARIA in HTML Decision & Foll
ow-Up
Succeeded: s/MS: working on issue 131/RS: working on issue 131/
Succeeded: s/RS: worked on a counter proposal for issue-133./RS: worked
 on a counter proposal for issue-131./
Succeeded: i/RS: Aria.next/TOPIC: ARIA Next and HTML5
FAILED: i/JF: there are still some accessiblity/TOPIC: Other Issues Whi
ch Need Immediate Attention
Succeeded: i/JF: there are still some accessibilty related open issues/
TOPIC: Other Issues WHich Need Immediate Attention
Found Scribe: Marco_Ranon
Found ScribeNick: Marco_Ranon
Default Present: Eric, John_Foliot, Michael_Cooper, paulc, Gregory_Rosm
aita, Mike_Smith, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly, Rich, Martin_Kliehm, Mik
eSmith
Present: Eric John_Foliot Michael_Cooper paulc Gregory_Rosmaita Mike_Sm
ith Marco_Ranon Cynthia_Shelly Rich Martin_Kliehm MikeSmith
Regrets: Laura_Carlson Kenny_Johar Silvia_Pfieffer Janina_Sajka
Agenda: [50]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Ma
r/0026.html
Found Date: 03 Mar 2011
Guessing minutes URL: [51]http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minute
s.html
People with action items: kliehm

     [50]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html

   End of [52]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


-- 
DISCLAIMER:

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended 
recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the 
content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the 
sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it 
and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by
its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.
We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and 
any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk



This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Security - 
http://www.websense.com/content/HostedEmailSecurity.aspx
Received on Thursday, 3 March 2011 17:06:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:55:52 UTC