W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > March 2011

Re: Minutes: HTML Accessibility Task Force Call 2011-03-03

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 07:59:20 +1100
Message-Id: <414AB46A-BDF6-4AF9-B474-5AC04E49EC0C@gmail.com>
Cc: "<public-html-a11y@w3.org>" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
To: "Ranon, Marco" <Marco.Ranon@rnib.org.uk>
A quick note on the F2F. Can we make sure to also have a means for outside ppl to call into the media breakout group?

Thanks,
Silvia.


On 04/03/2011, at 4:05 AM, "Ranon, Marco" <Marco.Ranon@rnib.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Minutes from the 3 March 2011 meeting of the HTML Accessibility Task
> Force:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html
> 
> Plain text follows below.
> 
> Regards,
> Marco
> 
>   [1]W3C
> 
>      [1] http://www.w3.org/
> 
>                               - DRAFT -
> 
>             HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
> 
> 03 Mar 2011
> 
>   [2]Agenda
> 
>      [2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html
> 
>   See also: [3]IRC log
> 
>      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-irc
> 
> Attendees
> 
>   Present
>          Eric, John_Foliot, Michael_Cooper, paulc, Gregory_Rosmaita,
>          Mike_Smith, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly, Rich, Martin_Kliehm,
>          MikeSmith
> 
>   Regrets
>          Laura_Carlson, Kenny_Johar, Silvia_Pfieffer, Janina_Sajka
> 
>   Chair
>          MikeSmith
> 
>   Scribe
>          Marco_Ranon
> 
> Contents
> 
>     * [4]Topics
>         1. [5]Face2Face Planning/Schedule
>         2. [6]ARIA in HTML Decision & Follow-Up
>         3. [7]issue 30 (longdesc)
>         4. [8]bug 11893 (lexical processing rules for ARIA) question
>            from Hixie
>         5. [9]canvas subteam
>         6. [10]media subteam report
>         7. [11]bug triage
>         8. [12]aria mapping subteam report
>         9. [13]f2f planning
>        10. [14]ARIA Next and HTML5
>        11. [15]Other Issues WHich Need Immediate Attention
>        12. [16]open action items
>     * [17]Summary of Action Items
>     _________________________________________________________
> 
>   <trackbot> Date: 03 March 2011
> 
>   <MikeSmith> hmm
> 
>   <paulc> paulc on manual mute
> 
>   <oedipus> scribe: Marco_Ranon
> 
>   <oedipus> scribenick: Marco_Ranon
> 
>   <oedipus> [18]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/
> 
>     [18] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/
> 
>   <oedipus> [19]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/results
> 
>     [19] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/201103_ftf/results
> 
>   <MichaelC> agenda:
>   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/002
>   6.html
> 
>     [20]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html
> 
> Face2Face Planning/Schedule
> 
>   MS: survey for f2f meeting survey
>   ... enough people for the f2f
> 
>   CS: 11 March deadline for registration. Room booked.
> 
>   GJR: need access for remote users
> 
>   MS: we can use skype
> 
>   <oedipus> skype is fine
> 
>   MS: do we have two rooms for breakout group?
> 
>   CS: one big room
> 
>   MS: logistics lined up.
> 
> ARIA in HTML Decision & Follow-Up
> 
>   RS: summary: ARIA will be included in HTML5
>   ... minor issues but acceptable
> 
>   <oedipus>
>   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0027.htm
>   l
> 
>     [21]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0027.html
> 
>   <MikeSmith> [22]response from Steve Faulkner to Hixie's request for
>   specific list of changes requested
> 
>     [22]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0067.html
> 
>   RS: authors might not use html5 control so for accessibility is
>   important that aria is used
> 
>   <MikeSmith> [23]detailed list of changes from Steve Faulkner
> 
>     [23] http://www.html5accessibility.com/tests/aria-changes.html
> 
>   MS: positive resolution for tis issue, no strong objections
> 
> issue 30 (longdesc)
> 
>   PC: the proposal put together by mostly Laura Carlson have been
>   considred by the chairs and the issue reopen for LC
>   ... we'll open a call for counter proposals
> 
>   <JF> +q
> 
>   PC: any questions?
> 
>   JF: when is the issue going to be considred? when is the next step?
> 
>   PC: it's a LC issue
>   ... no dates that apply to pre-LC apply tho this issue
>   ... this also applies to all other LC issues: the chairs are not
>   asking the WG to do work on this until it's time for LC
>   ... approx May
>   ... but it might be appropriate for a11y people to talk discuss the
>   issue with other people to try to reach consensus (option to be
>   perhaps discussed off-line)
> 
>   <JF> +q
> 
>   <oedipus> it's called reality
> 
>   GJR: we've done that already but we want to make clear the need for
>   the mechanism
> 
>   PC: we should discuss this option off-line
> 
>   <oedipus> we have reached the same dead end by travelling many
>   routes
> 
>   MS: facilitators will talk about it
> 
>   <oedipus> those who objected didn't on factual/need grounds, but on
>   faulty statistics
> 
>   JF: i think we need to have this conversations
> 
>   <oedipus> i've been discussing longdesc with IDPF/EPUB and they NEED
>   longdesc and native describedby by March for their deadline
> 
> bug 11893 (lexical processing rules for ARIA) question from Hixie
> 
>   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/022
>   4.html
> 
>     [24]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/0224.html
> 
>   <MikeSmith> "What's the spec I should use as the reference for these
>   rules?"
> 
>   <oedipus> the reference is in Steve's proposed text
> 
>   MS: Hixie needs more info
> 
>   <kliehm> [25]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11893
> 
>     [25] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11893
> 
>   RS: we are working on this. More info after the f2f
> 
>   MS: will respond to Hixie today
> 
> canvas subteam
> 
>   <oedipus> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas
> 
>     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas
> 
>   <oedipus> [27]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings
> 
>     [27] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings
> 
>   <oedipus>
>   [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings/Minutes
> 
>     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas/Meetings/Minutes
> 
>   RS: worked on a counter proposal for issue-131.
> 
>   PC: march 22 the deadline
> 
>   <oedipus> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
> 
>     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
> 
>   <oedipus>
>   [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection
> 
>     [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection
> 
>   <paulc> ISSUE-131 Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 22:
>   [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.htm
>   l
> 
>     [31]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html
> 
>   <MikeSmith>
>   [32]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-131
> 
>     [32] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-131
> 
>   <oedipus> call for alternate proposals for Canvas caret:
>   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.htm
>   l
> 
>     [33]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html
> 
>   RS: working on issue 131
> 
>   MS: March 22 is the deadline for all information needed for
>   decisions prior LC
> 
>   <oedipus> RS: thanks to chairs for expediting the canvas decision
> 
>   <oedipus> PC: thanks to those who worked on Canvas
> 
> media subteam report
> 
>   JF: discussion on track. started with 8 solution, now need to
>   discuss the progress at the f2f to meet the deadline
> 
>   <oedipus> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
> 
>     [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
> 
>   JF: discussed issue-9 yesterday. chairs proposed to close the issue
> 
>   <oedipus> call for consensus/counter proposal for HTML WG Issue-9
>   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0410.htm
>   l
> 
>     [35]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0410.html
> 
>   JF: there is concern that closing issue-9 might affect work in
>   progress
> 
>   <oedipus>
>   [36]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requireme
>   nts
> 
>     [36]
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements
> 
>   JF: if issue-9 is closed we can still continue
> 
>   <oedipus> if hixie could at least be in IRC for pinging purposes
>   that would be a benefit
> 
>   MS: Hixie might no be at the f2f, but we can ask him to join
> 
>   <oedipus> HTML WG Issue-9 "video-accessibility" associated with HTML
>   WG bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659, 8736
> 
>   JF: issue-9 was an old issue and we have other issues that relate to
>   current work by the subteam
>   ... just a couple of outstanding bug
> 
>   GJR: bug triage subteam sould check the bugs associated to issue-9
> 
>   <oedipus> HTML WG Issue-9 associated with HTML WG bugs 5758, 8187,
>   8657, 8658, 8659, 8736
> 
> bug triage
> 
>   MC: we didn't meet. nothing to report
> 
>   <oedipus> ACTION: kliehm - have bug triage subgroup review the bugs
>   associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659,
>   8736) [recorded in
>   [37]http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
> 
>   <trackbot> Created ACTION-108 - - have bug triage subgroup review
>   the bugs associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657,
>   8658, 8659, 8736) [on Martin Kliehm - due 2011-03-10].
> 
> aria mapping subteam report
> 
>   <kliehm> we are at inbox 0 at the moment for the bug-triage
>   sub-team.
> 
>   <MikeSmith> kliehm, cool, thanks
> 
>   RS: nothing to add to what said before about issue-129
> 
> f2f planning
> 
>   <MikeSmith>
>   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/002
>   6.html
> 
>     [38]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html
> 
>   MS: proposed topics for f2f in the agenda of this meeting
>   ... we have critical mass
>   ... RS, do we have people for canvas discussion?
> 
>   RS: not sure if FrankO will be there
> 
>   MS: we might not have enough to do with canvas
>   ... we should have canvas and media breakouts at the same time
> 
>   <oedipus> caret in canvas:
>   [39]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
> 
>     [39] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
> 
>   MS: Counter proposal to a11y TF proposal for Issue 131. (if it comes
>   up by March 22)
> 
>   <oedipus> RichS change proposal for HTML WG Issue-131
>   [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection
> 
>     [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection
> 
> ARIA Next and HTML5
> 
>   RS: Aria.next: are there things we need for html5?
> 
>   <oedipus> call for counter proposals on caret in canvas (deadline 22
>   March 2011)
>   [41]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.htm
>   l
> 
>     [41]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html
> 
>   RS: for example, do we want the equivalent of a longdesc in ARIA?
> 
>   <JF> +q
> 
> Other Issues WHich Need Immediate Attention
> 
>   JF: there are still some accessibilty related open issues. we are
>   supposed to hace change proposals by March 22
>   ... should we discuss those issues?
> 
>   <oedipus> i/JF: there are still some accessiblity/TOPIC: Other
>   Issues Which Need Immediate Attention/
> 
>   MS: we are expecting chairs to make decisions on issue 31 and 32
> 
>   JF: at the f2f we should have a bigger group to discuss open issues
>   and not only breakout groups
> 
>   MS: agreed
> 
> open action items
> 
>   <MikeSmith> [42]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
> 
>     [42] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
> 
>   <oedipus> action-106?
> 
>   <trackbot> ACTION-106 -- Gregory Rosmaita to - prepare keyboard
>   access high-level issues discussion for F2F -- due 2011-03-03 --
>   OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [43]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/106
> 
>     [43] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/106
> 
>   <oedipus> action-105?
> 
>   <trackbot> ACTION-105 -- Gregory Rosmaita to - review w3c bugzilla
>   installation versus newest version 4, coordinate with those who
>   volunteered, present options and needs -- due 2011-03-03 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [44]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/105
> 
>     [44] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/105
> 
>   MS: action-106 on GJR
> 
>   GJR: will do that
> 
>   MS: action-105
> 
>   GJR: looking into this
> 
>   <MikeSmith> action-104: Rich says this one was done
> 
>   <trackbot> ACTION-104 Post question to HTML working group on whether
>   to limit HTML elements in non-visible content such as the Canvas
>   fallback content notes added
> 
>   <MikeSmith> close action-104
> 
>   <trackbot> ACTION-104 Post question to HTML working group on whether
>   to limit HTML elements in non-visible content such as the Canvas
>   fallback content closed
> 
>   <oedipus> GJR needs to reset due date for action-105 (review current
>   installation now/round-robin improvement suggestions after F2F
> 
>   <oedipus> [45]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions
> 
>     [45] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions
> 
>   <oedipus> GJR set some to "pending review"
> 
>   MS: to all, please close actions assigned to you that you are not
>   taking up now, but comment on the reasons
> 
>   zackim, unmute me
> 
>   rssagent, make minutes
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>   [NEW] ACTION: kliehm - have bug triage subgroup review the bugs
>   associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659,
>   8736) [recorded in
>   [46]http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
> 
>   [End of minutes]
>     _________________________________________________________
> 
> 
>    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [47]scribe.perl version 1.135
>    ([48]CVS log)
>    $Date: 2011/03/03 16:57:02 $
>     _________________________________________________________
> 
>     [47] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>     [48] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
> 
> Scribe.perl diagnostic output
> 
>   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
> This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
> Check for newer version at [49]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
> /scribe/
> 
>     [49] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
> 
> Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)
> 
> Succeeded: i/MS: survey for f2f/TOPIC: Face2Face Planning/Schedule
> Succeeded: i/RS: summary: ARIA will/TOPIC: ARIA in HTML Decision & Foll
> ow-Up
> Succeeded: s/MS: working on issue 131/RS: working on issue 131/
> Succeeded: s/RS: worked on a counter proposal for issue-133./RS: worked
> on a counter proposal for issue-131./
> Succeeded: i/RS: Aria.next/TOPIC: ARIA Next and HTML5
> FAILED: i/JF: there are still some accessiblity/TOPIC: Other Issues Whi
> ch Need Immediate Attention
> Succeeded: i/JF: there are still some accessibilty related open issues/
> TOPIC: Other Issues WHich Need Immediate Attention
> Found Scribe: Marco_Ranon
> Found ScribeNick: Marco_Ranon
> Default Present: Eric, John_Foliot, Michael_Cooper, paulc, Gregory_Rosm
> aita, Mike_Smith, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly, Rich, Martin_Kliehm, Mik
> eSmith
> Present: Eric John_Foliot Michael_Cooper paulc Gregory_Rosmaita Mike_Sm
> ith Marco_Ranon Cynthia_Shelly Rich Martin_Kliehm MikeSmith
> Regrets: Laura_Carlson Kenny_Johar Silvia_Pfieffer Janina_Sajka
> Agenda: [50]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Ma
> r/0026.html
> Found Date: 03 Mar 2011
> Guessing minutes URL: [51]http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minute
> s.html
> People with action items: kliehm
> 
>     [50]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html
>     [51] http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html
> 
>   End of [52]scribe.perl diagnostic output]
> 
>     [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
> 
> 
> -- 
> DISCLAIMER:
> 
> NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
> confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended 
> recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the 
> content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the 
> sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it 
> and any attachments from your system.
> 
> RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by
> its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it 
> cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.
> We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.
> 
> Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and 
> any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> those of RNIB.
> 
> RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227
> 
> Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk
> 
> 
> 
> This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Security - 
> http://www.websense.com/content/HostedEmailSecurity.aspx
> 
> 
Received on Thursday, 3 March 2011 21:00:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:55:53 UTC