Re: track events.

From: Eric Carlson <eric.carlson@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:29:10 -0800
Cc: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>

On Mar 2, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>                Q1: Should the loaded event be delayed until after the text parser has completed?
>
> What is "completed"? There is no notion of "these are all the cues
> available" for a live stream, so the notion of "complete" has
> deliberately been avoided IIUC.

  I don't think the spec supports cues in a live streams because a media element's readyState can not reach HAVE_METADATA until all non-disabled text tracks are "ready", which is defined as "have a text track readiness state of loaded or failed to load". To me this means that a cue file that doesn't loads completely will make a video unplayable.

eric