Re: Systematic access to EXIF, IPTC, XMP image description metadata

aloha, laura!

the valuable new information you are gathering at:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Metadata

would benefit from the porting of what was proposed as an appendix to
SteveF's Alt Text Techniques document:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Alt_tech_appendix

which was the designated place for info about automatic metadata
retrieval and associations (which used to live in the HTML5 spec
itself, but which we agreed would be better handled as an appendix
to SteveF's Alt Text Techs document, which includes information on
"Describing and Retrieving Photos Using RDF and HTTP"
(http://www.w3.org/TR/photo-rdf/) and which also includes info
about Scenarios for exposing Exchangeable Image File (EXIF),
International Press Telecommunications Council (IPTC), and Extensible
Metadata Platform (XMP) images...

let me know if you would prefer for me to make the changes, but i think
that your new metadata page is a compliment to, and builds upon, the
info contained at:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Alt_tech_appendix

gregory.
ACCOUNTABILITY, n. The mother of caution.
                 -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
         Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
      Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
  Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus/