Re: GRDDL Test Documents - moving all the tests, including approved tests?

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 14:43 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> [...]
>> - bigger:
>>    where are the master copies of the tests?
>>    There are now copies in
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc50/
>
> oh my. I didn't realize you were moving the tests, Chime.
>
> If the tests are moved (or modified in any way),
> the WG approval is void and has to be re-done.

The move was mostly because I wasn't sure what was the best mechanism to
pass on what I had done so far to a webmaster to make sense of.  In
particular, the grddl-wg/td directory is a hodge-podge of alot of content,
only a fraction of which has been 'approved' and referenced in the
grddl-tests.html, I have so far.  It seemed easier to isolate only the
files that grddl-test.html are dependent on into a seperate
(temporary) directory.  The test files in grddl-wg/doc50 are just
copies.

In order to minimize the issue of synchronization I did the following
things:

- I created a grddl-tests-xincluded.xml document (not checked in)
- It uses XInclude and XPointer to include specific tests from testlist*.html
- Made the *minor* edits to the testlist*.html files WRT Jeremy's comments
- The changes I mentioned were only WRT to where things were broken
   or absolute URIs were used unecessarily
- I expanded the links, creating a 'final' grddl-tests.html
- I created (and ran) a script to automatically create an archive of only the local tests,
   the manifests as Turtle and RDF/XML, and testft.py
- I moved grddl-tests.html, the archive, the manifest documents, and all
   the tests referenced by grddl-tests.html (and their outputs), to
   grddl-wg/doc50 (in order to isolate them for the convenience of 'publication')

It was hard for me to meet the goal of putting together a cohrent
(and minimally functional) draft for a quick WD cycle *before* the upcoming teleconference (as was decided on
wednesday) without making certain assumptions about the final URL, what to do about broken tests, the value
of putting all tests in the archive or just the local ones, and a delivery
mechanism, so I did the best I could with the minimal amount of
changes to the material in testlist*.html

If this is not satisfactory, some *concrete* suggestions of a delivery
mechanism that minimizes synchronization would be greatly
appreciated.  If simply going with grddl-wg/td/* as the all-in-one
directory and have a webmaster (or whoever will need to do the
neccessary due dilligence ) deal with the rest is okay, then
grddl-wg/doc50 can be disregarded.

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery