Profile URIs

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 18:04 -0500, Harry Halpin wrote:
>>
>> "with popular XHTML dialects such as the Dublin Core XHTML profile and
>> microformats such as hCalendar and hCard"
>>
>> I feel like we already have fairly stable hCard and hCalendar tranforms,
>> although we face a struggle re profile URIs.
>
> What sort of struggle do you mean? Again, I've worked thru as many
> technical details as I can see...
> http://www.w3.org/2006/03/hcard

I do believe it would be good, if no-one has asked, to put our GRDDL
transform in the hCal profile URI [1], which seems to maintained by
someone named Roger Costello. BrianS?

> ... though some social/trust issues remain.
>  http://microformats.org/wiki/profile-uris
>
> Oh... I guess some microformats-mixing issue remain, but those
> aren't really GRDDL issues.

I'd actually like to see a good example of how microformat mixing goes
wrong. I'll e-mail Liam Quinn over it, as I remember he brought up an example at a
talk at Extreme Markup Languages last year [1], but I cannot find his
precise example online. I do think microformats-mixing is out of scope of GRDDL
WG.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-profile
[2] http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme/proceedings/html/2006/Quin01/EML2006Quin01.html
--