Re: http-link-header in GRDDL

    As the chair of the W3C GRDDL WG, the GRDDL WG has achieved
consensus on the use of "Link" headers and are so supportive of Mark
Nottingham's draft[1] " HTTP Header Linking" that proposes
re-introducing "Link" headers and also "Profile" headers to HTTP 1.1.
GRDDL is a W3C Recommendation stack standard to help convert
HTML/XML/microformats to RDF, and thus very important for the W3C's
future efforts [2], and has received considerable interest from the
wider Web community, being voted the best discussion at the 2006 W3C
Tech Plenary.

       In order for us to include this dependency of HTTP's "Link" and
"Profile" header in GRDDL, we will include these headers as "Features at
Risk." However, if Mark Nottingham's draft does not achieve consensus
and approval we are going to have to drop the feature. So as the W3C
GRDDL WG Chair, I would like to lend my support to Mark Nottingham's draft.

[1] http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-00.txt
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/grddl-pressrelease

--
  -harry