PI Blurb..

The tone of "Associating Style Sheets with XML documents Version 1.0"
suggests a segue like this - right before the 'Faithful Rendition
Guarantee', since the end of that section speaks of other 'related' specifications
(XProc being one of them):

"The mechanisms by which GRDDL links transformation algorithms to source
documents for automated processing can be considered as a more
appropriate recommendation than xml-stylesheet Processing Instructions.

Though deprecated, xml-stylesheet PIs are widely supported by
major browser vendors and generally deployed for automated, presentation processing.

Although GRDDL is primarily concerned with dialect interpretation, the
expectation that a user agent would trigger XML transformations against a
source document automatically is the same in both GRDDL and xml-stylesheet
PIs."

Perhaps as a section by itself? - 6a Prior stylesheet associations / Deprecated stylesheet associations

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Foundation