Re: Please declare in GRDDL spec that XML validation is not required

Actually, as the author of the offending web-page (sorry, it was hacked
together by hand in my attempt to learn Embedded RDF - I'll fix it up
and package it up with the VCard/RDF note after we get GRDDL to Last
Call...), I think the answer is that Raptor is right and GRDDL.py is off.

The reason is that while DanC correctly notes we underspecified lots of
things, we did not underspecify that a GRDDL transforms XPath nodes to
graphs: " If an information resource([WEBARCH]
<http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#WEBARCH>, section 2.2) IR is
represented by an XML document with an XPath root node R, and R has a
GRDDL transformation with a transformation property TP, and TP applied
to R gives an RDF Graph G, then G is a GRDDL result of IR." I believe in
order to get XPath nodes, once must get an XPath data model: "XPath
operates on the abstract, logical structure of an XML document, rather
than its surface syntax. This logical structure, known as the *data
model*, is defined in [XQuery/XPath Data Model (XDM)]
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#datamodel>.]" [1]

Therefore, if something is not a valid XML document, and Raptor claims
that VCard Table is not, then it should not produce any GRDDL results.
However, we do have a use case [2] that shows how tidy can be used to
get well-formed XML out of tagsoup, and therefore get the Infoset.
However, the paragraph DanC mentions notes that this should be a feature
of the transform itself, although clients may try to do this at their
own risk.

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#id-introduction
[2]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm#html_tidy_use_case