Re: Request for pre-review of Linked Data Glossary

From: James McKinney <james@opennorth.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:50:53 -0400
Cc: W3C public GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>, Ghislain Auguste Atemezing <Auguste.Atemezing@eurecom.fr>, Biplav Srivastava <sbiplav@in.ibm.com>, GLD Chairs <team-gld-chairs@w3.org>
To: Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>
1. 5 Star Linked Data

Isn't the format used by Microsoft Excel no longer proprietary? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

It's also a bit jarring to find an advertisement for the linked data mug after the first item in the glossary.

2. 5 Star Linked Data Diagram

I would merge this in with "5 Star Linked Data". I'd never heard of the diagram, and I'm not sure there really is one canonical diagram.

8. CKAN

If we are going to list CKAN, should we not list others like Socrata? I would opt to not include any specific vendor.

16. curl

curl can retrieve any data over a wide variety of protocols, not just machine readable content. The example here is inappropriate. It should appear under the definition for 55. Machine Readable Data. If that's done, remove the link to "curl" from 25. DBPedia.

21. Data Cloud

"directoies" typo

OK, read the first 25 for now.

James