Request for pre-review of Linked Data Glossary

From: Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:34:03 -0400
Cc: Ghislain Auguste Atemezing <Auguste.Atemezing@eurecom.fr>, Biplav Srivastava <sbiplav@in.ibm.com>, GLD Chairs <team-gld-chairs@w3.org>
To: W3C public GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
Hi,
Per our last telecon on Thursday (14-Mar), we agreed to do an internal sanity check on the glossary before moving this to a WG Note.  Later this week I plan to reach out to a number of authors of references on Linked Data for peer review, (i,e., J. Hendler, C. Bizer, T. Heath, D. Wood, M. Zaidman, et al.) once the GLD WG has reviewed.

Please consider reviewing the 122 glossary terms [1] prior this Thursday call, that would be very helpful.  Please keep in mind the target audience for this LD glossary is Web developers coming up the curve on basic concepts around publishing data on the Web as LOD, it is not intended as an academic reference per se.

The editors will take the lead on folding in feedback asap.  Please cut & paste the current & proposed language & reply to this thread.

We'd link the terms to other deliverables including the vocabularies and BP docs during the LC process, and encourage cross linking with dependency and liaison groups in due course.

Thank you in advance for your time reviewing the LD glossary.

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland, co-chair
W3C Government Linked Data Working Group
Charter: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html