Re: ACTION-76 Working for conformance of vocabularies

On 27/09/12 14:54, Phil Archer wrote:
> Following my action item to "Tidy up the conformance language,
> preferably with bullet points", I suggest the following be included as
> the conformance statement for our vocabularies.
>
> ===Begins===
>
> Conformance to this vocabulary means:
> - *using* its classes, properties and relationships;

   - *using* them in a way consistent with semantics of those classes
and properties as declared in this specification [*]

> - *using* as many of the terms as possible, but not
>    necessarily using every term;
> - *not using* terms from other vocabularies instead of ones defined
>    in this vocabulary that could reasonably be used.
>
> Applications MAY:
>
> - specify a minimum set of terms that publishers must use if their
>    data is to be processed by the application;
> - specify controlled vocabularies as acceptable values for
>    properties.
>
> This specification treats such restrictions as application-specific.
>
> ===Ends===

[*] Leaves open the question of whether we mean only formal semantics
(from RDFS and OWL) or the informal semantics of the description of
intention in the rdfs:comments.

Dave