Re: ISSUE-4 (privacy-geopriv): GEOPRIV WG proposal for privacy within the API

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:54:28 +0000
To: John Morris <jmorris@cdt.org>
Cc: Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org>, Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>, Geolocation Working Group WG <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Hi John,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:18 PM, John Morris <jmorris@cdt.org> wrote:
> At 6:37 PM +0000 3/26/09, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>>
>> As far as I understand nobody in this
>> WG still thinks the issue is open.
>
> I think the issue is open within the W3C, and that it is a mistake (for the
> protection of privacy, for the speed of WG completion, and for the ultimate
> success of the API) for the WG to proceed on its current path.

I understand this and I sincerely regret we could not reach an
agreement on this issue. I did find the discussion extremely useful
and I think it will be reflected in the wording for the Privacy
section.

>  But it is
> clear that a majority of the WG has chosen that path.

Again, this is my understanding, too. This is why I took the liberty
to close ISSUE 4. I thought the issue tracker would send an email to
the list but it seems it hasn't.