Re: ISSUE-2 (privacy): Should the Geolocation API include privacy information?

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:25:34 +0000
To: Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org>
Cc: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>, Geolocation Working Group WG <public-geolocation@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org> wrote:
>> This was discussed at length at the Geolocation F2F and it was voted on.
>>  The Geolocaiton Position object will not include GeoPriv attributes.
>>
>> Please explain what has changed that required you to create a new a new
>> task/issue?
>
> It's a catch all issues for tracking the privacy issue, and should be above
> and beyond just GeoPriv.

To me this looks like an explicit issue related to the Geopriv
discussion. I thought we concluded that discussion and are now working
on the wording for the "privacy considerations" sections. Perhaps we
could close this one (good to track what happened, I agree) and open a
new issue related to finishing that specific task? We can also have a
generic issue explaining that we are continuing to look for and invite
ideas around solving the user privacy problem in the context of the
Geolocation API and then link to the two other (and more concrete)
issues?