Re: [Draft Report] W3C Games Community Group Summit Nov 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 05:46 +0000, Boaz Sender wrote:
> Hello Games Community Group,
> Thank you to all who came out to the summit last week. I am writing to
> the public mailing list, and BCCing all that registered online for the
> summit.
>

> I have posted a draft report
> at: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1fs1hpZvP05ViEWtaLSmNQUV_PW2jCWS5Oe2GAdBKgl0

[[
High performance timers
Use case
 Allow developers to respond to profile render tasks with nano second
accuracy
Request description
 Implement a nano second timer and expose it to setTimeout and
setInterval
Target W3C group
 Web Performance group
Traction
 Chrome issue indicates window.performance.now() may be coming soon.
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=95738#c7
 Note from PLH to Games Community Group on this feature:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-games/2011Nov/0000.html
]]

It would be nice to refine this use case and requirement imho. It now
seems to be a different requirement than the one cited in the first
report (the first report seemed to be about Event.timestamp).

Philippe