Re: [web-animations] Should "offset" be considered good naming?

(2013/07/26 19:46), Shane Stephens (on behalf of Martin Heidegger) wrote:
> "offset" as used in web-animations to indicate that some animation
> should be run at a time-offset is mixed with other properties like
> "left" or "marginTop" etc. many of those properties indicate a geometric
> space in which "offset" as a word also has a common meaning and is often
> used.
>
> To make this clearer to the reader and easier to learn I am wondering if
> a property like "timeOffset" might be better.

We discussed this at the meeting today[1] and decided to add an issue to
the spec.[2]

Further comments on this naming are most welcome.

Best regards,

Brian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2013JulSep/0043.html
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/rev/3bdbca44726b