Re: "Logged in with fedsocweb"

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Michiel de Jong <michiel@unhosted.org> wrote:
> interrelated). but only saying 'nodes should implement OpenID Connect'
> is not enough to solve these two use cases, i think? Scanning over
> http://openid.net/connect/ i see no explicit mention of friend lists,
> but maybe i didn't read carefully enough?

ah, found it - "Open source protocols such as Portable Contacts can be
used with OpenID to offer your site access to a user’s address book
and friends lists." on http://openid.net/add-openid/

so yeah that makes sense to me. require webfinger + openid connect +
poco for normal users, or as a power user alternative, the same but
using a client-side cert instead of a password.

poco is already in OStatus, so that's good. would have to set up a
demo of this and then describe it on the wiki.