Re: "Logged in with fedsocweb"

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> For sake of experiment, make yourself a WebID via the service at:
> http://id.myopenlink.net/certgen .

yes, i have one, and i like webid in that it's end-to-end, but i think
technologies like webid and pgp can by definition never be more than
an option for power users.

IMO we should give a default option that can work with a simple-to-use
user address and password combination, and then describe a power user
option based on client-side certificates.

as Markus said, the default option should probably be based on the
OpenID Connect work (which is basically the same as saying it should
be discoverable OAuth i think - openid and oauth are sort of
interrelated). but only saying 'nodes should implement OpenID Connect'
is not enough to solve these two use cases, i think? Scanning over
http://openid.net/connect/ i see no explicit mention of friend lists,
but maybe i didn't read carefully enough?

Btw, the Lanyrd example is easier to achieve, because it's about who
you follow, which is something your node can authoratively report on.
The AirBnb case is about who follow (and thus implicitly endorse) you,
for which we probably need some sort of signatures? i think this is
built into foaf?