Re: French translation of SKOS Reference available

Dear Colleagues,
Sylvie Dalbin has contributed the following advice:

>> A White Paper about  ISO 25964's standard and published in early 2013
>> by Afnor, uses "relais virtuel" for "node label". This term refers to
>> the function (as a virtual switch). This is the term used for 50
>> years in particular in the French version of ISO 2788:1986  (and
>> chooses in this white paper). More recently, we also find " étiquette
>> de noeud".
>> I find "relais virtuel" very colorful (? full of imagery).  It also
>> helps in the process of understanding the role of this node.
>>
>> This white paper includes a bilingual glossary of relevant terms
>>
>> The (French) White Paper -  pdf or odt.
>> http://dossierdoc.typepad.com/descripteurs/2013/01/iso-25964-1-livre-blanc-2013.html

Sylvie is well positioned to advise, since she is active in thesaurus
development and worked very hard as the representative of AFNOR on the
Working Group which developed the thesaurus standard. I hope her input
will help with continuing evolution of the guidance around SKOS.
Stella Dextre Clarke

Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant and Chair, ISKO UK
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298
stella@lukehouse.org