RE: skos:prefLabel without language tag

Hi,

Form http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#sec-lang-tag <http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/%23sec-lang-tag> ,

“For example:

<sp who="Faust" desc='leise' xml:lang="de">
  <l>Habe nun, ach! Philosophie,</l>
  <l>Juristerei, und Medizin</l>
  <l>und leider auch Theologie</l>
  <l>durchaus studiert mit heißem Bemüh'n.</l>
</sp>

The language specified by xml:lang applies to the element where it is specified (including the
values of its attributes), and to all elements in its content unless overridden with another
instance of xml:lang. In particular, the empty value of xml:lang is used on an element B to override
a specification of xml:lang on an enclosing element A, without specifying another language. Within
B, it is considered that there is no language information available, just as if xml:lang had not
been specified on B or any of its ancestors. Applications determine which of an element's attribute
values and which parts of its character content, if any, are treated as language-dependent values
described by xml:lang“

So I conclude that, without any outer context that pre-establishes a language, the following should
be equivalent.

<skos:prefLabel>Dog</skos:prefLabel>

<skos:prefLabel xml:lang=””>Dog</skos:prefLabel>

Kind Regards,

Johan De Smedt