Re: Terminology Service Project

Dear Marcyn, all,

Marcyn, your question is very difficult to answer: "your experiences" can be many things :-)

There are quite many tools already listed in the SKOS wiki-related pages, which are a bit scattered now, between:
- a legacy tool page, gathering stuff from before the Recommendation status [1]
- the SKOS implementation report, at the time SKOS went into Rec status [2]
- the main page of the SKOS wiki [3], which has tools and points to the now recommended way to register tools.

For terminology services the following ones from the SKOS implementation report may be very relevant:
- NSDL metadata registry  [4]
- STAR service [5]
- MMI service [6]
- CATCH service [7]

There is also the FinnONTO project [8] that is explicitly labelled as SKOS service-oriented.  And of course the FAO Agrovoc service  [9].

Finally, for anyone who is tempted to answer Marcyn, please use the process referred from [3] so as to get a permanent / more visible pointer to your stuff! I had never heard of the ASPECT results before, and they seem really interesting...

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/SKOS/LegacyTools
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20090315/implementation.html