 From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org on behalf of De Smedt Johan
 Sent: Mon 9/29/2008 09:48
 To: Rob Tice; public-esw-thes@w3.org
 Subject: RE: furthed SKOS question

 Hi Rob,

 In our projects we have recognized the need to have different labels
 depending on the product/audience where a concept is used.
 To solve that, we using mapping relationships.
 Each product further uses only one specific Concept scheme but can
 exploit mapped concepts
 - when clear for the audience (to navigate/use a different thesaurus
 - find indexed/classified documents (classification by the other
concept
 scheme terms)

 Currently we have found the skos mappings to be responding to
different
 requirements though than what we need (at least as I understand it
and I
 appologize up front if I am wrong).  So we use a proprietary mapping
 construct (it was introduced on this mailing lists in other comments
 made).

 We also tried some label-relationship approach but this became too
 complicated in maintenance, conformance to the standard, clarity and
 complexity.

 I am looking forward to your or other reactions and approaches about
 this issue.

 kr, Johan De Smedt.
 e-mail: johan.de-smedt@tenfroce.com