RE: furthed SKOS question

Hi Rob,

In our projects we have recognized the need to have different labels
depending on the product/audience where a concept is used.
To solve that, we using mapping relationships.
Each product further uses only one specific Concept scheme but can
exploit mapped concepts
- when clear for the audience (to navigate/use a different thesaurus
- find indexed/classified documents (classification by the other concept
scheme terms)

Currently we have found the skos mappings to be responding to different
requirements though than what we need (at least as I understand it and I
appologize up front if I am wrong).  So we use a proprietary mapping
construct (it was introduced on this mailing lists in other comments I
made).

We also tried some label-relationship approach but this became too
complicated in maintenance, conformance to the standard, clarity and
complexity.

I am looking forward to your or other reactions and approaches about
this issue.

kr, Johan De Smedt.
e-mail: johan.de-smedt@tenfroce.com