  From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org on behalf of De Smedt
Johan
  Sent: Mon 9/29/2008 09:48
  To: Rob Tice; public-esw-thes@w3.org
  Subject: RE: furthed SKOS question

  Hi Rob,

  In our projects we have recognized the need to have different
labels
  depending on the product/audience where a concept is used.
  To solve that, we using mapping relationships.
  Each product further uses only one specific Concept scheme
but can
  exploit mapped concepts
  - when clear for the audience (to navigate/use a different
thesaurus
  - find indexed/classified documents (classification by the
other concept
  scheme terms)

  Currently we have found the skos mappings to be responding to
different
  requirements though than what we need (at least as I
understand it and I
  appologize up front if I am wrong).  So we use a proprietary
mapping
  construct (it was introduced on this mailing lists in other
comments I
  made).

  We also tried some label-relationship approach but this
became too
  complicated in maintenance, conformance to the standard,
clarity and
  complexity.

  I am looking forward to your or other reactions and
approaches about
  this issue.

  kr, Johan De Smedt.
  e-mail: johan.de-smedt@tenfroce.com