Re: Facets in SKOS-Core 1.0

Hi Alistair,

a minor comment and a question.

Comment - since rdfs:label is a human readable label rather than for
machines, it seems better to me if you just put spaces between words. If you
want to auto-generate property names from labels you can do so by globbing
them together (or camel-casing them, or whatever) but as far as the machine
is concerned you could also do so by selecting random combinations of arabic
and chinese characters that don't already appear in your schema. This would
probably encourage people to build interfaces that look for human-readable
text to present things, so may be beneficial (although I suspect there are
still enough hand-coders out there that there is some value in legible tag
names).

The question (because I don't know the answer) is "how would you express the
disjoint condition in RDF?"

cheers

Chaals

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Miles, AJ (Alistair)  wrote:

>Hi Doug, all,
>
>Should have mentioned, I tentatively decided to drop the skos:Facet class
>and the skos:inFacet and skos:facetMember properties in SKOS-Core 1.0 after
>there was some contention as to whether this had been modelled in the right
>way.
>
>But Doug if you think the way it was done was OK for now, then I'm happy to
>re-include it.

[snip]