Facets in SKOS-Core 1.0

Hi Doug, all,

Should have mentioned, I tentatively decided to drop the skos:Facet class
and the skos:inFacet and skos:facetMember properties in SKOS-Core 1.0 after
there was some contention as to whether this had been modelled in the right
way.

But Doug if you think the way it was done was OK for now, then I'm happy to
re-include it.

[So the proposed statements to re-add to SKOS-Core 1.0, in N3:

skos:Facet
        a    rdfs:Class;
        rdfs:subClassOf    skos:Concept;
        rdfs:subClassOf    rdfs:Class;
        rdfs:label    'Facet'.

skos:inFacet
        a    rdf:Property;
        rdfs:domain    skos:Concept;
        rdfs:range        skos:Facet;
        rdfs:subPropertyOf    skos:broaderInstantive;
        rdfs:label    'in-facet'.

skos:facetMember
        a    rdf:Property;
        rdfs:domain    skos:Facet;
        rdfs:range        skos:Concept;
        rdfs:subPropertyOf    skos:narrowerInstantive;
        owl:inverseOf    skos:inFacet;
        rdfs:label    'facet-has-member'.

]

The statements above are based on the principal that facets are disjoint
classes (although the disjoint condition is sometimes broken and therefore
is not expressed as a formal constraint), and facet members are class
instances.

Al.

---
Alistair Miles