RE: Discussion issue: should semantic relation statements be members of concept schemes?

Don't you think these two issues are closely related?. Major motivation
of your requirement is concepts participating at different positions across schemes.

Cos If you introduce a stop gap solution then we would have something like this

<skos:ConceptScheme rdf:about="http://a.com/scheme/1"
<skos:hasTopConcept rdf:about="http://a.com/Concept/001">
</skos:ConceptScheme>

<skos:concept rdf:about="http://a.com/Concept/001">
<skos:prefLabel>A</skos:prefLabel>
<skos:inScheme rdf:resource="http://a.com/scheme/1"/>
<skos:inScheme rdf:resource="http://a.com/scheme/2"/>
<skos:broader>C</skos:broader>
<skos:narrower>B</skos:narrower>
</skos:concept>

According to [1], a topconcept is *not allowed* to have broader concepts.
The stop-gap solution is then semantically ambiguous.

An alternative solution would be

<skos:concept rdf:about="http://a.com/Concept/001">
<skos:prefLabel>A</skos:prefLabel>
<skos:inScheme rdf:resource="http://a.com/scheme/1">
  <skos:isTopConcept>True</skos:isTopConcept>
  <skos:broader>C</skos:broader>
  <skos:narrower>B</skos:narrower>
</skos:inScheme>
<skos:inScheme rdf:resource="http://a.com/scheme/2">
  <skos:narrower>B</skos:narrower>
</skos:inScheme>
</skos:concept>

Here we introduce a new property 'isTopConcept'.

[1] SKOS Core 1.0 Guide

Regards,
Kaustubh Supekar
Research Intern