Re: Government and "web basics"

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Webb, KerryA <KerryA.Webb@act.gov.au> wrote:
> One thing that many people (especially senior fellows in Institutions, Think
> Tanks, Consultancy Corporations etc) ignore is that in some countries there
> are at least three levels of government – national, state/province and
> city/county.  So we continually see bogus league tables that show that
> country A is ahead of country B in e-government, based solely on an analysis
> of the "top" sites in country B's national government.

I agree fully. In Sweden, around 70% of public spending is in the
counties and they have the largest number of services that can be
"electrified".

The last european e-government accessibility benchmark i saw used 5
(or so) sites from each country (websites from institutions they
assumed would be present in each country, e.g. justice dept, central
gvmt etc). And in Sweden 4 of those share the same website. No wonder
benchmarking scores appear skewed sometimes.

Regards,

Peter Krantz