Re: PROF Implementation Report Draft

Hi Karen,

We don’t yet have tooling to reveal PROF information in an HTML document, such as the documentation for the Project ontology you point to. So there is PROF in use there but you have to look at the RDF (try http://linked.data.gov.au/def/project.ttl <http://linked.data.gov.au/def/project.ttl> as a shortcut).

I plan on adding to add PROF content handling to pyLODE [1], the tool we use to auto-generate ontology documentation, which will allow us to add PROF statements to that ontology metadata. So above where you currently see “Imports”, i.e. owl:imports, you could expect to see “Profile of” or similar and a list of things, if anything, that an ontology profiles.

I’ll hopefully get to this handling in pyLODE within a week or so.

> and wish to note that "role:specification" does not actually carry the semantics of "normative". I don't know whether this is what was intended in the ODRL implementation, but that is what is intended in issue #7.

Yes, we’ve noted that from the implementations so far, there are different uses of the terms in the Roles vocab so one of the things we need to do now is to discuss, among implementers and interested parties, where to go regarding roles. Do we try and tighten up definitions and usage or leave things to be implemented as people see fir? Do we add new roles etc. We will certainly be asking the ODRL community to be involved here.

Cheers,

Nick

[1] https://github.com/RDFLib/pyLODE <https://github.com/RDFLib/pyLODE>