Re: [dxwg] Ambiguous relationship in Figure 1 (#687)

From: Karen Coyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 06:48:35 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
dct:hasFormat is deceptively named. The definition is:

>"A related resource that is substantially the same as the pre-existing described resource, but in another format."

It would be more intuitive if it was "hasAnotherFormat" and the accidental pairing of `dct:format` and `dct:hasFormat` undoubtedly leads to quite a bit of confusion.

Since we don't have an example of how this is to be used, I can't tell if the object/value is supposed to be a URL pointing to the alternate-format file (which is what makes sense to me), or if the object is to be a format type (I don't see how that would be useful).

In any case I am pretty sure that the prof vocabulary is correct in using dct:format only.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/687#issuecomment-533854887 using your GitHub account