Re: [dxwg] Registration of target attribute "profile" for the Link-Header (#501)

From: Ruben Verborgh via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 19:59:33 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
>  That said, I think that an extensible syntax for the `profile` attribute that does _not only allow_ for `token=foo` but for _any parameter_ (e. g. `foo=bar`) does make sense. If people decide to use it for tokens, they may do so, but then that's outside of the IETF document's scope (which this issue is really about).

+1 to that. There might indeed be use cases for key/value pairs in the future. However, could you remind me why we would be adding those _inside_ of `profile` rather than as extra attributes to the `Link` header itself?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by RubenVerborgh
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/501#issuecomment-527234276 using your GitHub account