Re: [dxwg] Range of dct:type (#1009)

From: Chris Wood via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 21:54:56 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I hadn't understood what DCMI Terms was (and I'm not sure I really still do, or maybe the organic evolution makes more sense if you've seen the evolution!), but the example given by @makxdekkers has helped. I had always assumed that _genre_ was used to describe data, rather than its format. (In music, genre would be how we define the music, rather than its format, such as saying it is a CD).

@kcoyle thanks for all the links, and the explanations

@dr-shorthair I didn't intend to imply I thought the terms should be merged :) I was using this as a replacement for an email list (I couldn't see an obvious discussion list to send this question to).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by wood-chris
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1009#issuecomment-513003704 using your GitHub account