Re: [dxwg] Are PROF roles misplaced in resourceDescription? (#769)

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 03:02:32 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Note: I found a [succinct comment](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2017Mar/0022.html) from @RubenVerborgh in relation to another W3C effort that perfectly captures the problem with PROF's use of dct:format:

> That's not the definition of dct:format.
> It's meaning is not "is available as" but rather
> "The file format, physical medium, or dimensions of the resource."

And I have confirmed that "the resource" = "subject URI of the triple in which dct:format appears." Unfortunately, the usage in DCAT is the same as the usage proposed here for PROF, and that's the rub.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/769#issuecomment-466729004 using your GitHub account