Re: [dxwg] Are PROF roles misplaced in resourceDescription? (#769)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 02:05:04 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Also, your argument about changing roles seems to reinforce the idea the artefact has a resourceDescriptor with possibly multiple roles

its somewhat easier to make statements about change to the role classification of an object (the Resource Descriptor) than about  a role relationship  - you'd need to reify the relationship before attaching change history to it, which means minting a new object identifier, whereas we could just attach change notes as a property to a ResourceDescriptor.  (i guess you could push change notes to the profile itself - but then we run into the need for rules for propagating change notes in a hierarchy if we are flattening it...)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/769#issuecomment-465389605 using your GitHub account