Re: [dxwg] Specify the semantics of prof:isTransitiveProfileOf wrt prof:isProfileOf (#644)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 22:29:56 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I agree with @kcoyle 's point about the interest of having the proposed changes discussed here, especially as PR #734 mixes two issues.

This said I don't think the text needs to do much, once we have agreed on the subproperty axiom. This issue is merely about specifying the semantics of the property with prof:isTransitiveProfileOf with respect to another property (prof:isProfileOf) it doesn't need to address all the possible imperfections of the latter property (which are debated at length in #507 and other places).

We really need a divide-and-conquer approach here. Which is also the motivation for my comment on #734. Solving this issue (#644) does not require solving #643 either.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/644#issuecomment-464905544 using your GitHub account