Re: [dxwg] FPWD comment: use dcat:Distribution for Resource (#529)

From: Stephen Richard via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 00:11:23 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Thanks for the clarification. So the role relations might be subtyped from 'hasResource'.  I see that could simplify things, but would (I think...) lose the ability to express multiple roles for a single resource descriptor, and to have different formats of the same ResourceDescriptor (they'd all be different ResourceDescriptor instances).
Personally, I prefer the option of making the role a property of a relationship class, allowing a prof-defined role vocabulary for interoperability, and a separate optional property for additional role specifiers from other vocabularies for greater semantic precision, and the relation target a resource with 1..* Distributions. There are various implementations that will work, all with pro's and con's and selecting one is almost a matter of taste; I'm not wedded strongly to either solution.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smrgeoinfo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/529#issuecomment-463854883 using your GitHub account