Re: [dxwg] Version subject [RVSS] (#93)

From: Riccardo Albertoni via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 11:55:36 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@makxdekkers and @agbeltran:  I agree,  `dcat:Resource`, `dcat:DataService`  can be potentially versioned as well.  In my research activity, I have experienced a case in which even catalogs could be versioned.
By the way, my feeling is that there is a "core part" related to versioning which is not much depending on the subjects we are considering.

For example, both the unqualified relation [prov:wasRevisionOf](https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-prov-o-20130430/#wasRevisionOf) and the qualified counterpart [prov:qualifiedRevision](https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-prov-o-20130430/#qualifiedRevision)  works on prov:Entity, which can be any of the first class citizens we were mentioning before.

Similarly,  does [PAV](http://purl.org/pav/html) which specialize PROV with specific authorship, curation and digital creation terminology.

So in order to deal with this issue,
 I would suggest acknowledging in versioning section that versioning can be applied to any of the first class citizens classes and then, as a starting point, we can illustrate versioning with most common cases dealing with artefacts such as  Distribution, Dataset.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by riccardoAlbertoni
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/93#issuecomment-463600598 using your GitHub account