Re: [dxwg] Change domain or create superclass of dcat:Distribution (#317)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 05:07:09 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Yes. A file that is not a representation of the _dataset_ is a representation of _something else_.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the class name, but I was assuming that `dcat:Distribution` was only the class of representations-of-datasets, which would mean that we don't have a class for representations-of-anything-else (such as a schema or documentation).

Does the class `dcat:Distribution` have any properties that are specific to representations-of-a-dataset? Or is it just a representation-of-a-resource? If it is the latter, then the issue with the current design is only that the class that is the range of `dcat:distribution` is called `dcat:Distribution`. It would be better if the class were called `dcat:Representation`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/317#issuecomment-460023662 using your GitHub account