Re: [dxwg] prof:profileOf sub-property of prov:wasDerivedFrom (!?) (#485)

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 23:29:13 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@andrea-perego @nicholascar The profiles that I know (including the DCAT ones) are based on existing ontologies or profiles but have no formal dependency. (Re-use is not dependency in RDDF.) Also, I just looked at the definition of isProfileOf and have no idea what it means due to unclear wording:

"The subject of 'is profile of' defines constraints on the object which playes the role of a base specification"

So maybe a first step is to understand the meaning of isProfileOf? What constraints are defined?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/485#issuecomment-460008545 using your GitHub account