Re: [dxwg] vann:usageNote used incorrectly in DCAT RDF representation

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 17:07:54 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@VladimirAlexiev I don't think that SemWeb should be tolerant to data providers. I think Postel's law would apply: be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others. Moving the burden to the consumer seems to be the wrong approach.
<soapbox>
I agree that data providers might be reluctant to provide data at all, and therefore relaxing the rules may help getting more content -- but if the content is inconsistent, there might not be much sense in the whole idea of the SemWeb.
</soapbox>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/233#issuecomment-393603955 using your GitHub account