Re: [dxwg] profileDesc and the Guidance document

From: Annette Greiner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 17:10:57 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
So here is where I'm confused: if we write a spec that says all you need to have a profile is a URI, then absolutely everything on the web is potentially a profile. If we think a machine-readable form of a profile is a necessity, and the only guarantee we make for a programmer is that the thing has a URI, we haven't really offered the programmer anything useful to code against. I'm still not sure that a machine-readable profile needs to be anything other than a schema, though. That's what I'm hoping some real use cases can clarify. What do we want profiles to do that a schema doesn't already do?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agreiner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/242#issuecomment-393241804 using your GitHub account