Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:07:20 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@nicholascar In my mind, a profile defines a distribution. Presumably conneg requests a distribution that conforms to a profile. I'm not sure what you mean by "a Sample identified by URI with profiles of metadata for different purposes."   This seems to be analogous to the library case, where there is a physical thing (book) that is described by metadata; and there can be profiles governing what metadata is distributed. Is that the same?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/74#issuecomment-396971886 using your GitHub account