RE: Organizing the issues - GitHub Projects?

Good morning Simon,

On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 4:44 AM, Simon.Cox@csiro.au [mailto:Simon.Cox@csiro.au] wrote:

> The list of issues on our GitHub is getting quite overwhelming [1].
> A few weeks ago I proposed that we make some groupings using GitHub’s Milestones
> and set up a few [2] but this doesn’t appear to have helped much.
> Effectively the Milestones are just a kind of glorified tag (label).
> And we definitely have too many tags (labels) [3].
>
> So, here’s another suggestion: create a GitHub Project for each deliverable [4].
> GitHub “Projects” provides a rudimentary Kanban board for each project, allowing
> issues to be sorted in status (“todo”, “in progress”, “done”) [5].
> It seems to correspond pretty well with deliverables, and at least will allow us to look at
> the issues associated with the separate deliverables more cleanly.
>
> Any comments?

Seems worth a try! (I have absolutely no experience with GitHub Projects but anything that can help us keep organised is worth to be looked at). Do you know if it's possible to have milestones within a project? I couldn't find anything on that in the documentation.

Best,

Lars