Re: [dxwg] Definition of "Schema" (as opposed to profile)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 14:12:11 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@nicholascar [wrote](https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195#issuecomment-381402078):
> In the examples given so far, we have cases of a Profile that has both an "actionable as code" implementation and a "merely document" implementation, see how the existing DCAT-AP profiling of DCAT is documented with both SHACL and document implementations!

Yes, I now start to grasp that. My view so far had been that there is a profile URI that (per content negotiation) resolves to human-readable and machine-understandable profile descriptions/definitions. From there (i. e. the profile URI) there are links to other documentation and to machine-processable versions of the profile (e. g. XML Schema, ShEx etc.).

Those two approaches are obviously something we need to discuss as a group so I'm happy to see that there is plenty of time scheduled at the Genoa meeting.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195#issuecomment-382400661 using your GitHub account