Re: [dxwg] Definition of "Schema" (as opposed to profile)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 18:07:43 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Just my two cents:
Why not call what is now called `Profile` -- the conceptual definition -- `ProfileSpec` and what is now being called awkwardly `ProcessableProfileImplementation` simply `Profile`?
To be honest, I am usually much less interested in what the URI or the label is and much more interested what the definition is. If I understand correctly, a URI like `prof:ProcessableProfileImplementation` is an attempt to put semantics into the URI which I think is not always a good idea. And in any case, a non-English speaker would probably need to look up the definition anyway.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195#issuecomment-382088552 using your GitHub account