RE: Analysis of DCAT profiles

Dear Alejandra,

On Monday, August 07, 2017 3:45 PM, Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran [mailto:alejandra.gonzalezbeltran@oerc.ox.ac.uk] wrote:

> As starting point for the action assigned to me on an analysis of DCAT
> profiles (https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/32), I started the
> following spreadsheet:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12t6a9seTmCi47p6k8HH1Mz4k2CedhZSZ9sbU
> paRrQO8/edit?usp=sharing
>
> where I am compiling information about the profiles (links to
> documentation, editors, validation tools, SHACL/ShEx representations)
> and the classes and properties they specify.
>
> Please, feel free to include comments on the spreadsheet for
> additions/corrections, etc.
>
> I started with DCAT-AP, but will continue with GeoDCAT-AP and StatDCAT-AP.
>
> Are there other profiles to be considered?

Does it make sense to consider national DCAT-APs, too? In June this year, the German GovData initiative published DCAT-AP.de [1]. The main difference is that DCAT-AP.de makes the license statement on Distributions mandatory, makes some changes on what's recommended and what's optional, and adds some further constraints and some new properties compared to DCAT-AP. I could help add that to the spreadsheet.

DCAT-AP.de could also serve as an example of a cascading profile adding further constraints and semantics to DCAT-AP.

[1] http://www.dcat-ap.de/def/dcatde/1_0/spec/specification.pdf (only available in German, I'm afraid...)

Best,

Lars