Re: Action-208 Contact oa wg to see whether they would consider adding dqv motivation

Dear Antoine,

Not sure that I have strong objections to Rob's proposal, but I have at
least one or two considerations against it.

 DQV diagram currently deliver a very clear message: "DQV let you say
something about quality Measurement,   Policy  and Annotation." And that is
also  because we have explicitly defined three classes for these  artifacts.

  how the DQV diagram would look after removing dqv:QualityAnnotation?
 would it deliver the same message?

Rob is right, DQV:QualityAnnotation is slightly redundant. At the same
time, we have to consider that  DQV is mixing different existing
vocabularies,  in fact,  we put a lot of efforts in trying to reuse
modelling solutions and terms from third parties vocabularies. Those
efforts has brought to  a model which  sews    OA, DQV and PROV, Datacube,
SKOS  together.   I think that  some extent of redundancy is necessary  to
help users in understanding the overall model.

That apart, I  have also to admit that,  at this stage of the DQV
development, due to lack of time, I have a rather conservative approach....

Cheers,
Riccardo

On 1 June 2016 at 15:48, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Keeping you informed on the discussion with the WA group on this issue.
> Especially one of the chair's last mails:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-annotation/2016May/0285.html
>
> It seems that we'll have to keep our own dqv:qualityAssessment Motivation,
> but we could count on them to add a more generic 'assessment' motivation
> that we can link to as a 'broader' motivation, following the extension
> pattern recommended by Web Annotation WG for motivations [3].
>
> One interesting piece of feedback from Rob is that we should consider
> actually dropping our subclass of oa:Annotation. I.e. removing
> dqv:QualityAnnotation altogether.
> I think I'm in favour of this - if we're recommended to have a
> quality-specific motivation anyway, then having the dqv:QualityAnnotation
> is a bit redundant. As expressed in the formal equivalence axiom at [4].
>
> Has anyone any strong opinion against doing this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>
> [3]
> https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-annotation-vocab-20160331/#extending-motivations
> [4] https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dqv/#dqv:QualityAnnotation
>

> On 27/05/16 09:00, Antoine Isaac wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just to keep track of this action [1]: I've sent a mail to the WA group
>> [2] after discussing the matter with Rob Sanderson last week.
>>
>> antoine
>>
>> [1] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/208
>> [2]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-annotation/2016May/0275.html

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: *http://www.imati.cnr.it/ <http://www.imati.cnr.it/>*