Re: DQV terminology - Quality Measure, Measurement, Observation?

From: Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <nmihindu@fi.upm.es>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:49:37 +0100
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Cc: Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Hi Antoine,

If it helps, "quality measure" is defined in ISO/IEC 25012 [1] as

4.5 data quality measure
variable to which a value is assigned as the result of measurement of a
data quality characteristic

which is based on ISO/IEC 15939:2007 [2]

measure, noun
variable to which a value is assigned as the result of measurement

However, I agree that it might not have the same meaning in the Data Cube.
Personally I am ok with renaming QualityMeasure as QualityObservation if we
want to align it more with it's parent class from the Data Cube.

Best Regards,

[1] https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso-iec:25012:ed-1:v1:en
[2] https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso-iec:15939:ed-2:v2:en