From:  Joćo Paulo Almeida <jpalmeida@ieee.org>
Date:  Friday, November 20, 2015 at 11:23 AM
To:  Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com>
Cc:  Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: dwbp-ISSUE-214: prov:Agent vs duv:Agent [Data Usage
Vocabulary]

Hi Eric,

I would exclude foaf:Project altogether.  It is still in status ³testing² in
foaf, and it¹s not particularly relevant for data usage to make that
distinction. So, I¹d just exclude foaf:Project from the scope and use
prov:Agent.

There is a separate issue of whether we need to create duv:Agent. I¹d say we
DO NOT need to create duv:Agent, because we only use prov:Agent as range of
properties in the DUV. (And prov:Agent is general enough and established in
a well-defined W3C recommendation, and by the way it is equivalent to
dct:Agent, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/NOTE-prov-dc-20130430/ .)

By the way, the diagram in the current DUV version includes prov:Agent
twice. This should be fixed for clarity.

Regards,
Joćo Paulo