Re: Enrichment document

+1 for refining this. -1 for keeping it focused on text.
I think you need to consider the purpose. If the purpose is to define data enrichment in a way that helps people understand it and publish better data, then I think you must include other types of data beyond textual. There is absolutely no question whether the practices generalize to other types of data. In the sciences, enrichment of image data is a huge part of visualization practice (segmentation, adding analyses). If you need a use case, see the one on mass spectrometry imaging. I can offer many others. If the BP document seems particularly focused on textual data, I think that is a problem. (Note that by “textual data” I don’t mean any data that can be represented by ascii text. What this piece tends to wander into is the use of text as a corpus for natural language processing.) I think this piece can be helpful, but it should be less about the details of machine learning and more about the concepts behind data enrichment that will help people publish better data.
-Annette

--
Annette Greiner
NERSC Data and Analytics Services